Avanza Cuba Looks at Cuban Baseball’s Past, Present and Future
Radio and TV Martí’s popular series Avanza Cuba (Cuba Forward) takes a look at Cuba’s rich baseball history and the future of the American pastime on the island.
The show brings together key figures in Cuban baseball including former players, trainers, managers and others to discuss baseball both in Cuba and around the world. Scheduled to appear:
- Joachim de Posada, a sports psychologist
- Dyan Rey Anglada, a Cuban player who just arrived in the U.S.
- Juan Martinez, director of multicultural marketing for the Miami Marlins
- Hall of Fame infielder Tony Perez, now with the Marlins front office
- Fromer player and trainer of the Cuba National Team Jorge Luis Artiles “Bebo” Montiel
- Pitching Coach Orlando Chinea
- Live Sports Enthusiasts from Camaguay Cuba
Hosted by journalist Karen Caballero, Avanza Cuba airs live on Radio Martí 1180AM/shortwave radio, on TV Martí via Hispasat, Channel 13 VHF, Channel 20 UHF and live and on demand on the web at martinoticias.com.
Radio and TV Martí broadcast news, information and analysis in a wide variety of interactive programming to Cuba seven days a week by television, satellite, shortwave and medium wave, as well as through flash drives and DVDs. The Martís reach over 480,000 Cubans through e-mail and text messages on a regular basis.
The Martís,based in Miami, are operated by the Office of Cuba Broadcasting, part of the independent U.S. government agency, the Broadcasting Board of Governors.
Contact: Gina Barroso
Cell Phone 786-326-6920