Are you motivated, hard-working, and enthusiastic? Think about becoming a USAGM intern!
We have numerous virtual and in-person internships within the Broadcasting and Program Support Areas.
Internships within USAGM Networks duties may include:
- Research and production of daily audio/video programming.
- Composition of special reports
- Research for stories or profiles, news events, features and special topics;
- Camera work
- Organizing footage
- Collection of b-roll
- Editing audio/video, mobile and social media.
Program Support Internships
Internships within USAGM Program Support Offices: Administration, Contracts, Public Affairs & Relations, Human Resources, Graphics, and Research duties may include:
- Analyzing Data
- Preparing Reports
- Data Cleansing
General Information Location: Washington, D.C.
- Undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in an accredited college or university
- US Citizenship or have lived in the U.S. for three (3) consecutive years.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation.
- An Explorer’s Mindset and a Willingness to Learn!
Compensation: Voluntary and unpaid (though a transportation stipend is provided)
- Provides “real world” experience in a diverse and dynamic international broadcast network.
- Enhanced skills, training, and mentorship.
- Applications are accepted year-round.
- A typical internship runs 10-12 weeks with the students working 20-35 hours a week
- If targeting a specific internship period, recommend applying in January-March for summer internships, in May-June for fall internships, and October- November for spring internships. Allow 4-5 weeks for processing paperwork.
Application: Submit resume and cover letter expressing your desired focus of internship to USAGM Intern Program. Highlight the experience that makes you a good candidate.