Disaster relief media training
The Broadcasting Board of Governors and Voice of America, in partnership with the Aid and Development Forum, held a pre-conference training on media response during disasters.
Improving the interaction between media and response teams: how to communicate and develop relationships with humanitarian agencies and address challenges that humanitarian groups face when collaborating with media during a disaster.
Effective communication and new trends: applying social media in disaster relief, how to make the most of new technologies and social networks
How to collaborate with the private sector: using case studies, the session will focus on utilizing partnerships with the private sector companies to rebuild local comunities
How to better engage communities and local governments: managing partnerships during a disaster
- Inna Dubinsky, Broadcasting Board of Governors
- Kathleen Dawson
- Sonja Ruetzel, Aid and Development Forum
- Tony Morain, Direct Relief
- Frank Smyth, Global Journalist Security
- John Huddle, Thuraya Communications Corporation
- Gianluca Bruni, UN World Food Program
- Paul Copper, Phillips Healthcare
- Sam Bendett, National Defense University/TIDES
- Bernardo Valenzuela, Terrenova Global Trading