BBG networks carry Trump speech live
As a part of their on-going coverage of the U.S. election process, the BBG networks provided live coverage in six global languages of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s July 21 acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio.
Alhurra Television provided live coverage with simultaneous Arabic translation on television and on its popular Facebook page (video above – speech begins at 40:15).
Voice of America used Facebook Live to stream the speech, offering coverage in English as well as with simultaneous translation in 4 other languages: Farsi, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish.
Facebook reach and engagement
According to Facebook, the “post reach” is the number of people who have the opportunity to see a post in News Feed, while the “post engagement” is the number of actions (e.g.: reactions, comments, shares, video views, etc.) a post receives.
Despite the varying time zones of the target audiences, approximately 9 hours after the live broadcasts all were showing significant engagement:
- Arabic: has more than 58,000 views and 3,400 Facebook Reactions, Comments and Shares
- Farsi: has reached more than 82,000 people, with more than 16,000 views, and more than 3,000 Facebook Reactions, Comments and Shares
- Mandarin: has reached more than 6,300 people, with 1,100 views, 136 Reactions, Comment and Shares
- Russian: has reached almost 30,000 people, with more than 6,300 views, and 652 Reactions, Comments and Shares
- Spanish: has reached more than 110,000 people, with more than 10,500 views, and almost 3,000 Reach, Comments and Shares