Balancing the “Voice of China”
On July 25, USAGM hosted an informal conversation on China’s disinformation strategy and possible solutions to China’s aggressive and widespread actions to control the media and information space inside of China and regionally.
The panel of experts included:
- Shanthi Kalathil, Director of the International Forum for Democratic Studies at the National Endowment for Democracy,
- Robert Daly, Director of the Wilson Center’s Kissinger Institute on China and the United States,
- Matthew Baise, Director of Digital Strategy at Voice of America (VOA) and
- Sophat Soeung, Khmer Service at VOA,
- Moderated by Haroon Ullah, Chief Strategy Officer