Coming on the heels of Afghanistan’s October 20th parliamentary elections, a discussion among experts on the state of Afghanistan’s political transition, the role and importance of independent media for its democratic future, and the challenges journalists face in a country that continues to be besieged with violence.
- David Ensor, Moderator, Director of the George Washington University Project for Media and National Security
- Akbar Ayazi, Director of Voice of America’s South and Central Asia Division
- Katherine Brown, President and CEO, Global Ties U.S. and the Global Ties Foundation
- Michael Kugelman, Asia Program Deputy Director and Senior Associate for South Asia, Woodrow Wilson Center
- Frud Bezhan, Senior Reporter, RFE/RL
- Mario Crifo, Spokesperson for the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan