Forty professional journalists, bloggers, and journalism students participated in two 3-day workshops held at the Association for Student & Youth Initiatives’ Support (ASIST), a non-governmental organization working in Moldova since 2006.
The hands-on training course covered:
- New MOJO technologies and social video trends in use by VOA, RFE/RL and other media
- Story discovery and verification of content
- Practical tips for good mobile video and audio coverage
- Filming sequences, framing and editing videos with smartphone
- Recording interviews
- Sharing multimedia content and reaching audiences
By the end of the course, each participant produced a journalistic video using Android or iPhone, and shared it across social media platforms and in a new closed group account MOJO Moldova.