This first workshop, in a series of six training modules, covered the basics of business journalism. The hands-on workshop included presentations, discussions, practical examples and exercises in Uzbek and English (with translation). At the end of this course, 40 multimedia journalists had a deeper understanding of:
- What is business journalism
- What business journalism covers
- Basics of the economic reporting (business terminology glossary, economic indicators, sources of economic information)
- Who are the consumers of business news (targeting audience and adjusting coverage to their needs)
- How to find a story idea
- How to tell the story that is easy to be consumed (storytelling)
Journalists had online and on-site discussions on Uzbekistan’s national economy & finance. This included an international economic cooperation with the Uzbekistan Embassy in the U.S. & Canada, and Uzbek officials Atabek Nozirov, Director of the Capital Market Development Agency, Bekzod Usmonov, Chairman of the Board of the Republican Stock Exchange, and Akmal Burhanov, Director, Anti-Corruption Agency.