The training strengthened journalists’ media skills when choosing health topics to cover, how to properly research using media tools, and also how to combat rumors and disinformation on epidemics. Participants were also encouraged to create a network of professional journalists for future cooperation.
Training sessions focused on the following topics:
• the role of journalists in health reporting
• professional ethics and basics of research
• how to identify journalistic subjects and sources
• tools for open-source research
• how to deal with rumors and disinformation
The workshop ended with a discussion on how journalists can engage audiences on the radio and TV shows or online.