The three-day workshop was designed to help working journalists and editors:
- Improve understanding of and capacity to explain issues related to wildlife trafficking, illegal logging, illegal mining, and illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing in regional, national, and international contexts.
- Learn new media tools to communicate effectively with their audiences through multimedia stories on nature crimes.
- Understand the ethical issues that confront environmental journalists.
- Generate story ideas and identify expert sources for reporting on nature crimes.
- Submit proposals for stipends for original multimedia stories on nature crimes.